Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

What's wrong besides the obvious???

Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 AM

Default What's wrong besides the obvious???

So it's been a bumpy ride and now my strawberry plants have taken a turn for the worse. I'm running a NFT-drip mixed kind of set up. Everything was going pretty good 'till last week when the leaves on the strawberry plants started turning brown-black around the edges, then the whole leaf wilts and dies. Just before the strawberries started to die, we had a week in the eighties, and it was close to ninety in the greenhouse. I noticed the tips of the roots have turned brown also. Also, about a week before this happened I upped the fertilizer from .80 EC to 1.0 EC, still below what Fox Farms recommends of 1.2 to 1.4.

I try to keep the ph around 5.8 to 6, nutes temps usually run around 68 degrees and water comes on for 15 minutes, off for 30. I changed nutes and flushed the system about 10 days ago.

I have a bit of this and that all growing in the same system, tomatoes, cukes, peppers and squash. Most of those plants are less than 5 inches tall, but have not been affected. I do notice the leaves on the cukes get a tad bit droopy during the day, but maybe I am just being paranoid.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks-

And the happier tomato plant.