Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

My new winter crop is coming to life!

Old 09-08-2010, 01:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd
Default My new winter crop is coming to life!

I just posted a video update on my you tube page. YouTube - Growing floral flowers with hydroponics

Lily's and dahlia's so far are looking exceptional. I was told the fastest you can flower a lily is 70 days. well welcome to hydro because i just did it in 30 days. This winter my indoor grow is going to be awesome. Just one the lily you can already smell in the room.

Here is a good grow o watch for you new guys always asking about nute changes and light quality. these are the cheapest $1 light bulbs you can buy and i never change nutes just add to it a bit and pump out about 2 quarts a day.

Also my new custom nute injector is a blessing for sure. Nothing is better than auto feeding.

Also this grow is my first in just floramato only. this month i have been ramping up slowly on my PPM and at the 30 day mark am right in at about 1000ppm and the plants are just starting to nibble every day. the first 30 days was 12 hour lights and i actual thought it was on 18 and never thought to actually check. now i am pushing 24 to veg these guys up to height. I may stay on this for 1 month and kick back to 18 and see where they like to flower. 12 hours for flowering would be ideal but i really want to work these plants hard and get lots of flowering cuttings so will see. what would be cool is if you could make them flower and run 24 on the lights. then we would be at max production for sure.

Quick update on the outside green house. its slow building when i have been vacationing but I'm back on it and doing the trusses when its not raining. I need plastic up so i can work and stay dry. I'm afraid to put up the plastic with the floor heat in case it snows and I'm not ready so the floor heat is next then plastic.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blooms1.JPG
Views:	754
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	883   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	884  
Old 09-08-2010, 01:33 PM

It looks like you're having lots of fun with your plants. Nice and organized looking setup.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd

here is another video update YouTube - Video 7 I'm at least two weeks into 24 hour lightig as i veg the plants to size. I see blooms on some that are confused on whats going on. my pepper plant is actaully starting to over produce i think. its not sure what part of the planet its on but its setting fruit like mad.