Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Growtronix System

Old 01-03-2010, 11:12 AM

Default Growtronix System

I don't think I posted this yet, but I am using the Growtronix System. This is a PC based system for running your Growroom. The pictures I have posted were taken from my Mac via Parallels Desktop.

The first picture are the Power unit, Temp sensor, and Humidity Sensor.
The second picture is the Controllable Power outlet, the pump is plugged into the top and the Growlights are plugged into th bottom.
The third picture is the Desktop were you can see what the reading are.
The fourth picture is the grow journal.
The last is the picture is of the hardware screen.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3146.jpg
Views:	1071
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	414   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3147.jpg
Views:	1108
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3138.jpg
Views:	1128
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3139.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3149.jpg
Views:	928
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	419  

Last edited by Amigatec; 01-03-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:19 AM

I plan to expand this system as funds allow.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:23 PM

wow, that is awesome, are you using the iphone app as well, or is that just the web interface loaded on the phone?
Old 01-05-2010, 12:11 AM

That looks very nice! Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:00 AM

I finally had some time to do a quick search for the Growtronix System, I knew they existed but I just didn't know what it was called tell now. As I expected a bit expensive for me at this point, at about $1000 for the base unit. But in a year or so when I have my greenhouse, and hopefully Hydro Farm running that will go a long way to automating everything. As well as gathering the data to be more efficient with my guardens.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:43 PM

This runs on Windows, but I use an iMac for everyday use. I have Parallels Desktop loaded on my Mac so I can run Windows apps when I need to. Parallels allows me to run Different OS's at the same time. I have the whole system running on an XP box that I use only for Growtronix.

It was on sale last August and I just couldn't turn it down. I gave $745 for the system. It all runs on CAT 5 cable. I have a cable running through the attic into the growroom. I really like the graphing abilities of the program. I plan to buy a few more addons for it this year.

This is by FAR the best growroom package you can buy.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 PM

Awesome system. Would love to get something like that setup. I'm a computer nerd at heart and by trade, so being able to control anything from a computer is high on my like list...hehe. I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I'm still trying to learn the basics. Maybe one day I'll get to this point though .
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 PM

I had to think about it, but at 25% off I just couldn't turn it down.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 PM

have you had any bugs with the system yet i heard about people having bugs with theres such as the system losing connecting with devices which seems to be a huge issue if this is running a huge setup like 20 thowies running on hydro.... all controlled by computer? i dont know about it ive been trying to contact them but haven't heard back from them. they dont list a phone number on their site. another issue i heard is there build times some products have taken people up to 6 months to get makes you wonder why they dont have a number listed. obviously a phone number would help you sell your products but then you would also have to deal with unsatisfied customers. i would like to hear about any competing systems if any. ive only found systems for large scale greenhouse
Old 07-30-2010, 12:24 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to watercatwn6535nd

My system runs non stop for months at atime with out even a reboot. I have one of the very first systems they sold and the new systems are even better i'm told by guys running them. DJ is the guy and hes never been anything but help ful. infact one time years ago i couldnt get my system up and running and he was with me every night when i got home from work helping figure out that i cant follow directions.

Its not for everyone and everyone doesnt need a system like this. timers work just fine and unless you are looking to grow the same product over and over and compare grows at the same periods of time to the last one to see if you can tweak a better product its probably not for you. I bought it becuase i just love to make it more difficult. I did go in my green room this weekend and grabbed afew bell peppers for a omlette but beisdes that she runs like clock work. You may find he has to many orders going right now as every medical pot smoker thinks he can change the genetics of the plant with fancy green house controls and have the best"killer bud ever grown".
He tells me that phones are for companys that sell over the phone and email is for internet companys and bitching about service by email or voice mail seems to me to be the same no matter how you delete them.
My guess is untill you buy a system your not going to have a growtronix account number and your just way at the bottom of the list for his priority list. Hes just one guy maybe two some times and he builds everything.
I will say i could live with out it untill i got it and now i'm getting ready to add it to my new green house my aquaponics and my chicken coupe as well. If i remember he started out selling it to make the perfect beer and owns beertronixs or something like that two. i was going to hook it up to my whiskey still from start to finish but i needed to have the co2 sensor re calibrated to really work well during fermentaion so i just decided to skip it and have a shot of the snake bite and continue on old school.

Good luck shopping
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 AM

Just thought I would mention it, I recently found out about another company that makes environmental control systems for hydroponics. I have no idea what they cost or how well they work, but they are a large company (out of British Columbia Canada). They do have a (1-800) phone number and e-mail, as well as a physical address listed on the contact us page. I've been meaning to look into their systems, but haven't done so as of yet.

Argus Control Systems

P.S. I don't know if they mail it to anybody, but you can even order a free CD about there systems.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:23 PM

I recently ordered the ph/tds/ec monitor for this system. When I get it in I will post the results.