Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

like to grow more then one veggie in a system...possible?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 AM

Default like to grow more then one veggie in a system...possible?

Would like to grow more then one veggie in a system...possible?...Or do I have to have separate Garden for each veg.? Jay

Old 02-13-2009, 08:15 AM

Yes you can. I do. But for optimum growth you should use fertilizer formulated to what you are growing..
Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 PM

Ron
do you run a flush cycle before harvest? if so do you find that it hinders growth on the other plant not yet are the harvest stage? I am planing on putting multiple plant into the same system and I was wondering how one would deal with that.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:59 PM

Hello cable24601,
Ron has not posted here in about two years, so I don't think he will be replying. I have not read anything (other than manufactures clams) that says that flushing before harvest improves anything. I do flush the system every time I change the nutrients with fresh plain water though. That is to help flush away some of the nutrient salts out of the growing medium and system. If not, it could build up and cause nutrient lockout from toxic buildups.

But I have never read anything from a creditable source that supports flushing just before harvest for any reason. You want to keep nutrient lockout from happening thought the plants life, not just at the end.

P.S. When I say I flush the system, I am not meaning for days or even a 24 hour period (like some say to do before harvest). I clean the system out, then fill with just plain water, and run it through a couple of cycles. Then dump and repeat. If there is a lot of growing medium to flush, I may even do it 3 or 4 times. All in all, I probably only flush with plain water for between 2-4 hours before draining, and then adding the new nutrient solution.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the info I will keep this in mind.