Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

In regards to aeration:

Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 AM

Default In regards to aeration:

I'm almost finished with my 11-plant garden. Thanks for all the info Ron.

In regards to aeration: I'm using a submersible pump (170GPH). I don't want to run another power cord to a air pump. Can the submersible be used somehow? Can I split the output from the pump and just let one output churn around in the nutrient tank?

Also folks, at smarthome.com (and other sites) you can get an X10 starter kit for 29.95. The IBM branded version. If you have a computer (which seems a given if you are reading this) this seems a good timer option. I had to order a 3-prong(e.g. grounded) controller for my pump, but those are also being cleared out (Magnavox branded: $4.99).

Thanks again. And, I'm TUI (typing under the influence), so feel free to edit...

Old 02-07-2009, 04:03 AM

Yes you can aerate that way. A lot of submersible pumps (Power Head) comes with an aerator tube built in.
Yes I have been using X10 stuff along time now. I have their hole house control system but have yet to set it up because I have so many things hook to my computer now, I ran out of IRQs or something like that.
I use their remote cameras to keep an eye on my property because they are so cheap.