Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

plants developed white fly

Old 02-06-2009, 02:40 AM

Default plants developed white fly

Wilting Medical Cannibis.....

I'm a legal, card carrying, medical user, trying to grow in my closet. I have 8 plants in two tubs using the gurgle method under MH. In the beginning, when I purchased the plants from our local Cannibis Club, I was told that if the plants developed white fly to simply take a hand held vacuum cleaner and suck them off. Well, they have appeared and have so far only attacked a couple of my plants but seem to be spreading. These plants they have infected wilt during the day and seem to recover during the night but eventually succumb. Is it the white fly that is doing this? How do I handle this? Should I simply break down the sys and clean and restart or is there another way to handle this? At $20 for each plant I buy from the club and all the money I have invested in nutrients and lighting, I can't afford to loose many more plants. Suggestions?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 AM

I wonder how hot it gets in that closet. I can't imagine growing anything in a closet.
One of my early inventions was a funnel with a yellow light that you attach to your shop-vac to suck up white flies without using pesticides. Another one of my invention that someone will get rich off of.
White fly infestation would have to get awfully bad to make a plant wilt. You might be over watering them if you are running the garden continually. Water less often.