Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Cleaning and Sanitizing ???

Old 09-25-2011, 04:59 PM

I would probably prefer a coco base. I have just had trouble finding it here.. They don't order it (or much useful gardening supplies) because there are only large amounts of people here durring the winter seasons (the old people running from the snow).

I dont mind plants growing in odd spots. Infact one of my favorite things is to go to the local park and see the ferns growing on the oak branches. Locations don't bother me nearly as much as the thing the plant is growing in. I am considering a lot of little ideas with creative ways to grow plants inside. I am going to work on a corner "shelf" which will hold a bunch of plants and have lighting hidden from plain view, but available to the plants. It would be great for some flowers or small strawberries or something inside.

A lot of my plants are now residing in dirt and my tomatoes are starting to push flowers. My lettuce are still in hydroponics, but I am not sure how much longer.. The Flavor is too strong in the plants lol. My kids love lettuce, but think the flavor is too strong to enjoy. It isnt the bitter lettuce flavor, but just a strong lettuce flavor.

I will keep updates for purposes of sharing lighting tips on the non-hydroponic plants. I am going to be rethinking my hydroponics direction to get it to better fill my needs. I will most likely be transitioning to an upright planting system to allow things to work in a way space will promote.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintuckyfarms View Post
I just plan on using bleech except in the pumps
Really interesting information! Good work!