Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Do I need to top my lavender?

Old 01-15-2011, 11:57 PM

Default Do I need to top my lavender?

I just started a hydroponic garden inside. I am growing snapdragon, lavender and zinnias. They are going on week 5 since seed. They are looking really healthy but I am wondering if I need to top them (pinching back). The lavender is kind of looking lanky and too tall...but I have read that u should not touch lavender until it's 1 year old,then prune it back. Are my plants to young right now or should I cut back to promote more growth and bushiness? Thanks for your time

Old 01-16-2011, 05:00 PM

I'm far from the most experianced person on this forum. But from what I've read. The closer the light is to the plants the less they will streatch. However, you still need to what for burning if they are too close to the light.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:48 AM

I totally agree with naviaras. if you keep your plants away from sunlight they tend to stretch towards sunlight. make sure your plant is near to the light and observe their growth. don't prune them right now as those guys are doing fine