Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

looking into starting a system

Old 03-19-2011, 02:28 PM

ok ready to buy what i need left. whats a good online to store buy from the couple iv looked at want just as much for the shipping as for the items. id like free shipping but not every store is like amazon.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 PM

Hello sean
I can tell you a couple of stores that I have ordered from in the past, although I don't believe they have free shipping. At least not under a certain amount. I don't wind up saving bookmarks of places that I have ordered from, so I don't have that many to post (there are just so many, there is no need for me to bookmark them).

Discount Hydroponics
The Verti-Gro Hydroponic Fertilizers and nutrients - Organic and Hydroponic Growing for Commercial and Hobby Growers (even though they are across the country from me the low cost of there nutrients is worth the shipping, and they do have a "shipping included" offer)

The way I look at it is when you get free shipping, they just include the price of shipping in the product, so you wind up paying for it either way. But to limit costs of shipping, I try to search for places close by where I live to order from. When you put quotation marks around a word/s, the search is narrowed to exact matches. And when you use a plus sign in the search, the results are limited to exact matches of the quoted keywords that include the added (+) word on the page/site. I live in Lake Havasu AZ (there are no hydro stores in my town), so the keywords I would use (if I was wanting free shipping) to search would look something like this:

"free shipping"+hydroponics+Arizona
"free shipping"+hydroponics+phoenix
"free shipping"+hydroponic stores+Las Vegas (because Las Vegas is about 4 hours away)
"free shipping"+hydroponics+stores+Las Vegas
etc. etc. etc...

To make sure there close to your location, just check there "contact us" page for a physical address (store location), and/or a phone number (other than a 800 number) that you can check the area code for a city location with, Fone Finder query form. But if unlike me, your looking for free shipping, then location doesn't matter that much, unless you want to receive your package faster. Free shipping usually means slow (the cheapest shipping available). And the farther it needs to travel, the longer it takes. When ordering from a store close by (say within a days drive), I usually receive my package within 3-4 days, and without paying for expedited shipping. Just regular ground UPS, FEDEX etc..
Old 03-27-2011, 11:10 PM

alright im looking into a local store to go to. my town did have a store but it closed i was also looking at getting earth juice grow and with that i only need to buy that one and not a 3 part like with like with the flora series.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:05 AM

sorry i should have asked with earth juice grow do i only need just that one and not a series like with flora
Old 04-21-2011, 04:39 PM

i just got some 2 inch net pots in the mail and i see must people use around 4 inch does the size really matter since its just holding the bottom of the plant and allowing the roots to grow out
Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean View Post
i just got some 2 inch net pots in the mail and i see must people use around 4 inch does the size really matter since its just holding the bottom of the plant and allowing the roots to grow out
As long as the net pot is secure you should have zero problems unles the stems of your plant are going to outgrow the net pot.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:38 PM

ok its been a while since iv had time to look into hydroponics but i went to epcot during the flower and garden show. i got to ride the land and it was the first time i loved it and took lots pics. after words i pick up a book they were selling on hydroponics. i found a site tonight that has free shipping after u spend 100 dollars. the shipping cost was the one thing killing me it was doupling the price of the order and im just used to ebay and amazon with shipping being free. that it costing me it that much was not going to happen.

http://www.atlantishydroponics.com/

so now that i got that out of the way heres what i am planning on ordering
General Hydroponics General Hydroponics: MaxiGro, 2.2 lb - Style # 718301, General Hydroponics,General Hydroponics nutrients,General Hydroponics 3 part,General Hydroponics nutrients,Flora Bloom,General Organics nutrient line

General Hydroponics General Hydroponics: MaxiBloom, 2.2 lb - Style # 718281, General Hydroponics,General Hydroponics nutrients,General Hydroponics 3 part,General Hydroponics nutrients,Flora Bloom,General Organics nutrient line

Grodan Pargro 1.5" Starter Plugs (98 per sheet) - Style # 713210, hydroponic rockwool,rockwool suppliers,rockwool,rockwool cubes,rockwool starter cubes,rockwool conditioner,how often water rockwool

http://www.atlantishydroponics.com/T...-Down-1-lb.asp

Viagrow ViaStone Expanded Clay grow rocks, 10 liter - Style # VS10, hydroponic grow media,Jiffy Pellets,ViaStone,Hydroton,hydroton grow rocks,organic media,hydroponics grow rocks

Sunlight Supply 5" Net Pot - Style # 724515, nursery pots,self watering planters,hydroponic net pots,smart pot,smart planter,nursery pots,plastic nursery pots

Atlantis Hydroponics Atlantis Hydroponics Dry Erase Grow Room Calendar and Marker - Style # VCLNDR, Hydroponic apparel, Atlanta Hydroponics, Hydroponic Grow Room calendar, Atlantis Hydroponics, Atlanta Garden Stores, Local gifts

just wanna see what u guys think about the products and if theres anything else i should ad that i need

Last edited by sean; 05-27-2011 at 11:05 PM.