Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Need some tomato help

Old 12-14-2014, 01:08 PM

Exclamation Need some tomato help

Hey guys, first post so please be kind.

A little over 2 weeks ago I started two strains of tomatoes in my hydroponics system. At the beginning of week 3 (2-3 days ago) I decided to start them on GH Rapid Start to encourage roots so I can transplant soon. I mixed the recommended amount.

I've noticed now that while my plants are growing better looking roots, the leaves have gained a white tint on them. I'm not sure if this is normal because of the new addition of nutes, not enough light (currently have them under 300HPS 18 hours/day), or something else.

I tried taking pics but they won't come out properly to show what I'm talking about so I'll try to give more specifics here. The white coloration is NOT spots or mold. It looks more like in Autumn when leaves change color. The plants are indoors so I also am inclined to think it's not fungi either.

All help appreciated,

Vegmaster

Last edited by vegmaster; 12-14-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:38 AM

Can you post pics of the whole system, setup, nutrients and roots? Even if we can't see the white clearly your talking about, they can still be very helpful. Also can you post a link to the type of nutrients your using, and tell us how much your using of them??? What water source are you using etc. etc.? Fungi can easily grow indoors as well. Spores are airborne, so anywhere there is air fungi can spread. What is the humidity level near the plants, and are they getting good air circulation?
Old 11-05-2016, 09:42 PM

It sounds to me like you might be experiencing white bleaching. How close is your light to your plant?