Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

advanced vs House and Garden

Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Default advanced vs House and Garden

check out this link of big from advanced endorsing a house and garden product. weird but cool.

Growers Underground | hydroponics growers | hydroponic | how to » Advanced nutrients BigMike Recommends Competitors Product

Old 02-04-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
check out this link of big from advanced endorsing a house and garden product. weird but cool.
Perhaps, but it's just propaganda to me. Don't believe every video you see on the net (or anywhere else for that mater). All I see is a guy highly recommending a product, that's a red flag for me. Also after checking out their homepage (growersunderground.com) it's quite lame and uninformative. It only consists of a video of a guy who clams to have developed the best nutrients ever made, and is most likely just a scam. I would never give any information out to a site like that. It has a link to contact them for information (I guess), probably only fishing for e-mail addresses or wanting to scamming you through e-mail. I have also been to the real Advanced Nutrients website many times before, and don't believe for a minute that this growersunderground website is affiliated with the real website in any way shape or form.

P.S. I have e-mailed the real Advanced Nutrients company from their contact US page of the real site with my concerns. I can only wait for their reply.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 02-04-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:38 AM

Thats Michael Straumietis in the video GpsFrontier, one of the co-founders of advanced nutrients.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:59 PM

why is the guy from advance flogging this other product? have you guys tried house and garden? is it better than advance or what?
Old 02-04-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Thats Michael Straumietis in the video GpsFrontier, one of the co-founders of advanced nutrients.
I have noticed that it looks like the same person that is one of the founders of Advanced Nutrients. Even if it is him and not just a look alike, it still doesn't mean that the two sites are related. Nor is there any facts in either video that would lead me to want to buy the product that is being promoted. As of yet I have not received a reply to my e-mail to Advanced Nutrients for any type of confirmation.
Quote:
why is the guy from advance flogging this other product?
Even if it is the real person in the video I can think of a few reasons for the promotion of another company's product. Including the most likely one, creating controversy. That is commonly used to gain free publicity for their own company. That type of publicity is not bad publicity like most people might think. Almost any publicity is good publicity, as long as it is not showing bad business practices, like fraud. Even the Toyota recall that's all over the news will turn out to be good publicity for Toyota in the long run.
Quote:
have you guys tried house and garden? is it better than advance or what?
I haven't tried products from either company yet.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:06 AM

Just thought I would explain a little bit.

I have no idea which product is better than the other, nor am I trying to make any suggestions on that point. My only input is about the video and the link it comes from, as to whether the information in it (or lack there of) is reliable. I am a website owner and I know many tricks that people use, legal or not. The site growersunderground.com (I would make it linkable, but I don't want to give them any creditability to search engines) is simply not of the same standards that the Advanced Nutrients site is.

Every page of a website should be able to be accessed somehow from the homepage by linking to that page directly, or a page with the link on it. Rule of thumb in the industry is that every page should be no more than 3 clicks away from the homepage. The lack of any information, and other linkable pages from the homepage leads me to believe it's what is called a "lead page" (to generate leads).

These types of pages are designed to get people interested in something so they will give there personal information (usually a e-mail or phone#) to get more information about it. They usually do give you the promised information, but the real goal is to get your personal information. Once an extensive list of this information is harvested they then sell the information. Just because a site says that they don't sell personal information does not mean they don't, you need to prove they did or they can continue to do it.

I also know how to find out the information about the site I need (like who the owner is), but simply don't think it's worth my time to do so. Legitimate or not, I would do much more research before I bought the products. I like to get information from different sources before I trust it. Also I would never give my personal information to to a site I think might be harvesting the information.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 02-05-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:12 AM

The only way to know what you are having in your reservoir and what you actually need in there, is to learn about actual plant nutrition, real needs of essential and beneficial elements and trace elements first - and then make your own nutrients.

Don't waste your time on wondering what product may be best (better) or what company may tell the truth about the benefits of common and exotic ingredients and additives. You get screwed by all of them anyway! And that is only because you can't leave being a consumer one way or the other, and hence walk into one of the traps out there anyway.

ONE truth is that plant nutrition is complex and depend on many different parameters and that the nutrient in use is only one of them. Another is that the elements that plants REALLY need are well known and limited. Elements and additives that may improve or positively influence growth and health are even more limited. There are actually just a few that can truly be said to be scientifically proven to be beneficial.

The only ideal and optimal nutrient is the one that suits your water (is calculated according to a water analysis of your tab or well water) and is as close as possible to the range and amount of elements needed. There is no company out there, except a few that do custom nutrients for commercial uses, that can provide you with the product you actually need.

In case that for some reason you can't do your own nutrients, at least have an analysis of your water and buy the product that fits best. This would be a purely rational choice, based on best knowledge about compatibility of product X with your water.

Making your own and "perfect" nutrients isn't a child's play, but it isn't rocket science either. Most people I know of would know by now, if they would have invested that much time and energy in learning to do so, instead of inquiring endlessly for a better product, and being devoted to all the endless arguing, polemics myths and "religion" that goes with it.

Start to change your approach to the problem today, join the brotherhood of the extremist nutrient makers!