Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Conditions Matter

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM

Default Conditions Matter

So I'm rather bored here at work and trying to find something to do between meetings. Not that we didn't all already know this, I thought it would be fun to post this comparison to sort of "prove" that growing conditions really can make a huge difference in results.

The plant on the left is a hot pepper plant we planted in a pot here at work. Long story shortened somewhat, we had a pepper taste test day here at the office a while back. For kicks and giggles, we decided to scrape the seeds out of one of the peppers we were testing and plant them in a pot we had here in the office. It's not really taken care of for the most part, but I'll throw a bit of water in it now and again. We didn't really expect anything to grow, but low and behold several of the seeds sprouted. Here almost 3 months later we actually still have 2 of the sprouts alive. I placed the quarter in the pot just for a size reference.

The picture on the right is one of the hot pepper plants in my system at home. For a size reference here, the net pot the plant is sitting in is a 3.75" diameter pot. And the plant on the right was planted 3 weeks AFTER the one on the left. Hehe.

Just sort of a fun comparison...no other real point to this thread.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comp.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	339