Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

Brainstorming: Corn formula and best growing setup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
But it's true that it happens that I am getting frustrated and even upset by the fact that I am talking and explaining things - with the sole result of encountering some sort of non funded resistance. Resistance that often pops up reflexively without proper back up, nor based on facts and experience.
The fact is, you are the one without the facts. That's because you don't bother to ask any questions and just assume that your experiences are the only correct ones. You assume that my figures are off about my broccoli plants needing 20-25 gallons of nutrient solution to run as a flood and drain. The fact is you know nothing about the system. You assume that I would use the same growing medium that you would. You don't know the pump I am using or how much nutrient solution is needed in the reservoir to keep it from running dry. You don't know how often I check to see if I need to add more water to make up for evaporation. The fact is you know nothing except your experiences. I didn't tell you how much your system would require, that's because I don't know all the variables. You see in this country we like to ask questions first, its just arrogant not to do so. You should of asked how I came to that conclusion before assuming that I am wrong.

My figures were not meant to be exact figures. I may very well be off but most likely not more than by 5 gallons. So let say it would take 15 gallons to run. That is still more than twice the amount it is using now. THAT IS A FACT. I am not going to rebuild the system as a flood and drain and test it, to get an exact figure just to satisfy you. MY POINT IS STILL VALID.

F.Y.I. I worked it out today as to how much the nutrient cost me. I am not going to go through all the details so you will just need to believe me or not. I use the Flora Series 3 part nutrients, at about $25 a bottle and needing all 3 to make work. Using 10 ml per gal of each. It cost about $40 per 265 ready made gallons or about 1000 litters. That does not even include the shipping, because I live in a town where the nearest place to get it is over a 3 hr drive away. It being a liquid it's quit heavy 30+ pounds.