Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Where I get my seeds

Old 08-08-2011, 08:08 PM

Default Where I get my seeds

I just wanted to let everyone know the awesome service I had with a seed supplier. They had a great selection of seeds, including mammoth sweet basil, and many others.

The seeds took about 9 days to get here from California (to Florida), but I picked the cheapest shipping method. That is FREE with a $10 order. I got my seeds, they look great. Some of my seeds are even labeled for 2012, so they are fairly new seeds.

The site is tradewindsfruit.com

I had a concern about the length of time it took to recieve the seeds (on day 7) I emailed them on a Sunday and had a reply within a couple hours. That is very impressive service for nowa days. I personally think we should reward people who take care of their customers.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 AM

Thanks for the link, they look like they have quite a variety of seeds.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:13 AM

Yes they do. If you order the corriander (culantro) you only need 1 normal sized packet It says a minimum of 1000 seeds. I am guessing the mammoth basil and oregano was about the same count.

I also got a few heirloom tomatos to let me collect seeds every crop cycle should somethin happen to prevent me from cloning a plant.

I can't help but brag about them right now (I haven't germinated their seeds yet). But all of the seeds are for 2011 or newer seeds for 2012.

Their service was outstanding. It was the best service I have seen from a company in a long time. Most companies these days are not open on sunday much less willing to check an email. They replied to an email on sunday within 2 hours (I think it was less) on a sunday night. I wasn't hoping for a reply till even the next day.

Sorry if I repeated info from my original post, but I am VERY impressed with this company and I am very easy to aggrivate when dealing with sellers lol... So for them to impress me as much as they did is a HUGE deal to me.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 AM

I bookmarked them, I noticed they also sell some in bulk. For the Herb farm I'm planing I'll be buying the seeds in bulk, and I can always use another seed supplier. Especially one with a good variety. The best advertising a company could ever get is word of mouth advertising. It can also be their downfall if they have bad products or service. But people in general (me included) are often quick to complain about problems, but rarely give a pat on the back when they receive good service. I don't mind hearing when good things happen. In fact that's why I don't even watch the news anymore (other than the weather, and sports sometimes). It's just full bad news, and that's depressing to me. There might be one or two 30 second clips of positive stories, but the rest of the hour broadcast is just negative. So I just don't even turn it on anymore. I'll find out about the important story's on the Jay Leno show, LOL.. So it's always good to hear something positive for a change. I hope the seeds germinate well for you. I expect they will, especially being packaged for the 2012 season.

P.S.
I would never have expected a e-male reply on Sunday either. Most company's are closed on weekends, or simply cant pay staff to deal with online issues on the weekend. I would have expected the earliest to hear back would have been Monday.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 08-09-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 PM

I wasn't expecting to reply on Sunday either. I have a feeling that it is a mom and pop operation and they just leave things open so they know when things happen. The shipping was actually sent out first thing monday morning after a sunday order. which means they were preparing it on sunday lol

I think mom and pop operations like this deserve to be rewarded. The best way we can do that is through supporting them.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:38 AM

Default Tradewinds fruit

Thanks for your tip and please allow me to "second" you on your praise of the customer service at Tradewindsfruit.com, which is located in Santa Rosa, CA. Considering that they are in Northern California, they not only have numerous vegetable, herbs and flowers, but also an incredible variety of tropical and subtropical fruit seeds from around the world (with numerous plants from Africa).

Based on our messages back and forth in another thread and your thumbs up about this company, I ordered several vegetable seed packets from them on Saturday night and paid via PayPal. Oops! Then my wife wanted to add a few more seed packets to the order and we didn't want duplicate shipping cost, so we sent them a message Saturday night asking them to combine orders which they confirmed that same evening. By the next day, Sunday afternoon, they emailed a shipping confirmation of the combined order together with a separate email confirming that they combined the order.

As you said, outstanding service: this is the way that all companies should be managed.

Last edited by Paul Perkins; 08-19-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 AM

I am happy to hear that another person was able to duplicate the quality service with this company. I will be working with them as long as this keeps up. I am trying to think of other ways to get the word out about them in hopes it will encourage them to maintain the quality we are enjoying.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:27 PM

Default My seeds arrived today - 5 days later coast-to-coast!

They - Northern California. Me - Central Florida. Seeds delivered here today - just 5 days after order placement via their ECONOMY shipping. Very impressive. Too impressive... don't even have my greenhouse trusses up yet!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:40 PM

check your seed batch :P It might be for 2012 anyway lol. about 1/2 the seeds I ordered from them were 2012 seeds.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 PM

Talking Seed dates

I just checked my seed batch. Everything (7 packages) that arrived in paper envelopes says, "Packed for 2012" and everything (12 packages) that arrived in the "micro ziploc" plastic bags says, "Packed for 2011".

I guess we need to wait a year to plant. Now THAT's what I call fresh seed.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:43 AM

There is no need to wait :P The time is just the "optimum" timeframe, they can lose some viability after that date :P

I have already germinated some of my 2012 seeds and I am happy with how they are taking off :P