Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

cool TDS meter for low nutrient plants

Old 08-01-2011, 06:01 AM

Default cool TDS meter for low nutrient plants

This is not for your tomatoes :P but it might work for your herb garden, or other plants that use less than 1000ppm

I found this as I was looking around for float valves lol... Speaking of if anyone happens to know where to get some for dirt cheap for me to install in my res please let me know and perhaps we can work something out.

This is a 2 site inline TDS meter that reads up to 999ppm at 1ppm accuracy.

I think it is impressive for it's price, though it has limited uses.. It can easy find a place for low nut tolerant plants of your nersery plants.

dual inline TDS meter

Not something everyone can use but for the price it is pretty impressive.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:57 AM

Any place that sells replacement parts for swamp coolers will have cheep float valves. Wal-mart has them for about $3.98, Home Depot and Lowe's carry them also. You can even use float valves for toilet bowl tanks too. Toilet bowl replacement float valve kits usually run between $8 and $15.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:59 AM

Good call on walmart. I havent checked there yet. Lowes and homedepot have their's for abotu 10-15 each.. I figured that there has to be less expensive ones out there. I will check into walmart and see if I can find one for cheap.

ok.. found some really nice adjustable ones on lowes.com.. There is a 3 pack for $18 they can be adjusted for down to 9" and the float is also adjustable to let you choose the water level. I guess the wording used when searching is very important. "fill valve" is better than float valve, and other terms :P..

Last edited by jamromhem; 08-01-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:27 AM

Here's a float valve similar to the ones at wal mart.

EVAPORATIVE COOLER FLOAT VALVE - HDSupplySolutions.com

All you need to do to adjust the water level, is bend the metal arm, or change the angle, and/or raise and lower the valve itself for big adjustments.

P.S.
I believe HD supply is a nation wide pluming supply house, I got my 6" PVC tubing there.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 08-01-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 AM

regretfully I live in a retirement area and the options are limited.. I am fortunate to have a Hd and Lowes nearby. and two different ace hw lol

They dont always have what I want though lol.. The good part about the ace hw is that what one doesnt carry the other does lol.. I get my perlite from one and vermiculite from the other lol... about a 20 minute drive between them.

I am going to check the stores in person.. The websites don't always show me what I am looking for how I want it to lol.