Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

Third system

Old 12-22-2010, 07:04 PM

Indeed. This is one heavy-duty thread suitable for printing and referencing. There are a few more by various posters as well that have been instrumental in speeding my learning curve by years.

Thanks to all who post and have posted....well done!

Old 01-01-2011, 04:32 AM

Thank you both halfway and sportycliff,

I try to take lots of pictures because they help me, so I figure they help others. The plants in the system have since been decommissioned (dead). However, I do plan to revive the system with new plants in the spring. It was a very well working (functioning) system that I found very useful. As well as cheep to build, and I can see even expanding on it. All in all, it was a very successful build.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:08 PM

I would like to say Thank-you for all of this information and pictures. I was initially going to build a ebb/flow system with 2-liter bottles cut in half but now I think I will build a system like this. My system will be down inside my basement and hopefully I can grow all year long. I will be using a 6 bulb HO T5 flour. lighting with 3 bulbs in blue spectrum and 3 in red spectrum. I will just grow lettuce and if I get this going well enough, I will grow other vegies once the weather gets colder and I can't grow outside. Living here in southern PA, we have a decent grow season. I do have 2 acres of land and will grow tomatoes, onions, peas etc in 3 raised beds. But having lettuce and other vegies all year long is my major objective here. I would plant more outside but I dont feel like battling the deer, rabbits etc. So, again thanks a bunch I and I will keep my learning progress posted and maybe can help other as you guys have helped me.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 PM

Default dripping

are you dripping constantly, or are the drippers running with the ebb and flow pump, which means you would be dripping the same times your flooding your table? Does anyone know the benefits of running drip emitters with are one at all times opposed to drippers that come on with a pump 6 times a day for 15 mins, the same amount of time I flood my ebb and flow?
Old 05-20-2011, 07:50 AM

GPS, How often do you flood your system? Do you change the frequency at night or if its hotter outside? Thanks
Old 05-23-2011, 08:57 PM

Thanks, GPSFrontier -- your pictures and descriptions have been a huge help for me! I appreciate that you have taken the time to provide so much great, detailed information. Thanks to you, I now have my first system up and running!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:16 AM

greenthumbs and rootspook
It's a flood and drain system that I typically run for 30 on and 30 off during the day. Then about 3 times through the night (30 min each). I do sometimes add a cycle or two through the night if it gets to be hot, though not during the day. I don't really want to flood the roots more than 30 min at a time. If I had a timer with minimum 15 minute on/off times, I would rather run it 15 on/15 off all day.

Kerbouchard
No problem, glad it was a help. I try to take as many pics as I can, and I have fun building the systems.