Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

Hydro bucket set up

Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Default Hydro bucket set up

Just set up my 5 gal bucket bubbler set up. My question is i just finished making where the bottom of the potter is in the bucket. should the water level be level with the bottom of the pot or should there be a gap so the water is not touching the bottom of the basket? Also how long should i be running the bubbler system? does it stay on 24/7 or should it be on a timer?

Old 11-12-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclereese View Post
Just set up my 5 gal bucket bubbler set up. My question is i just finished making where the bottom of the potter is in the bucket. should the water level be level with the bottom of the pot or should there be a gap so the water is not touching the bottom of the basket? Also how long should i be running the bubbler system? does it stay on 24/7 or should it be on a timer?
well I am not exactly sure if you are running a water culture system for sure but typicality with a water culture system the roots are submerged in the nutrient solution. Also the air pump in a water culture system should run 24/7.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:06 PM

If you are building an aeroponics system then you want to have a gap otherwise the roots will rot. Depends on what you are growing....
Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 PM

I've run a system like this, and yes...Air in the fluid (bottom of the bucket) should be on all the time. I ran mine with two air pumps, one for the airation of the nutrients, and one for the bubbler/feeder tube. The feeder tube bubbler I only ran during hours of light.
This system is a mix between drip watering and Deep Water culture.
They work GREAT, Everything I grew in this type of system did GREAT!