Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Portable Reverse Osmosis System Countertop 100-150 GPD

Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 PM

Default Portable Reverse Osmosis System Countertop 100-150 GPD

Was just checking this out, doesn't seem like a bad deal am i missing something?

Countertop Portable Reverse Osmosis 100-150 GPD - Great RV's and traveling.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:55 PM

Hey Mater,

Doesn't look bad to me. Wish my G.E. Profile did 100 gallons-a-day! I think the cost saving on that unit is due to the fact it doesn't come with a storage tank (worthless for us) or the fancy faucet and trim. I pretty much scraped half of my R.O. unit, just to get the main unit for filling my res. pretty much what they are selling in the above link.

Now, I am not familiar with Crystal Clear Supply Inc. , but for the price...if you don't find any bad press on them, it looks like a good deal.

Todd
Old 08-08-2011, 09:14 PM

Ya i'm not finding anything bad about them. Def. something i'm going to put on my wish list and hope. The one i have is from Rainsoft. I can't even find how many GPD it does. Def. no where near 100 LOL.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 PM

After reading the link, I don't see anything that would raise flags to me. Though I would probably call them and ask how often the filters need changing (how many gallons), and how much the replacement filters are.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:10 AM

Close to the bottom it say's...

Maintenance: Sediment filter, pre and post filters recommended change every six months for regular usage, or once a year in light usage.

Optional: Replacement filter set (change every 6-12 months) includes: sediment prefilter, carbon prefilter, carbon post filter. Now Only $44.95, Reg. $49.95 Save $5.00 when purchasing with system, select filter set on top.
Replacement Membrane Module - 100 gpd (approximately every 2 to 3 years) $79.00

Replacement Membrane Module - 150 gpd (approximately every 2 to 3 years) $89.00
Old 08-09-2011, 12:19 AM

Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a

WOW! thanks for posting, I was looking at a similur one earlier today from another company and for a lot more $$$. This may be my reward for working so much OT this month
Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 AM

If you get it plz post how you like it and such. I want to get one but it will be a bit. Kids starting school and such.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:38 AM

Ah, I didn't scroll down that far. Though I would still want more clarification from them. I don't know what they consider regular use. I'm guessing it would be something like 5 gallons a day max (would be more than enough drinking water for an entire family). That would be about 35 gallons a week. So in 6 months (using 5 gallons a day, every day) that would be about 840 gallons on a set of filters.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 PM

Could you tell if the filter's are needing changed by the EC? Wouldn't it go up or am i over thinking it?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Mater View Post
Could you tell if the filter's are needing changed by the EC? Wouldn't it go up or am i over thinking it?
I would need to research that, but my first thought is a EC meter wont be able to tell you when a filter is clogged. Though there might be a rise in mineral elements going through it if they are clogged. Either way if you have a meter, it couldn't hurt to regularly test it, and see if there is ever any change. But it wont make the filters last longer, and their still only able to go so far before they need to be replaced. Also the more the the filtration system needs to get out, the faster the filters will clog.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:56 AM

I have heard a lot about the waste water increasing as the filters age. That is what the main problem with RO is from what I understand is that the longer you use it the more water you waste.