Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

question about transplanting into hydroponic system

Old 02-02-2015, 09:15 AM

Default question about transplanting into hydroponic system

seeds are now in the rock wool in the seed starter. When my seedling are ready to be placed into my hydroponic system (hydroponic tower) I have read the new plants shouldn't have any nutrients in the water for the first 2 weeks. Is this true I don't want to make any mistakes very new to this system!

Last edited by Dis2cruise; 02-02-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:49 PM

Hey! Someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in after me. seeds don't require any nutrients to germinate. After they sprout and have a leaf or two or four they generally need MILD amounts of nutrients. For baby plants, I generally go with 10-20% the recommended strength for mature plants. Once they start getting larger, then you increase the nutrient strength. Baby plants and sprouts can get burned on too strong of nutrients (don't worry, they are pretty hardy).

When you're plants are big enough to transplant into your system, I would assume they will be requiring nutrients when they get moved in. Probably a diluted amount.

Just wanted to comment so you weren't left hanging, hope I helped.