Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

compost tea

Old 12-04-2010, 01:49 AM

Luches
Apparently you have not even read what I wrote. Just where is it that I have given any advice on making nutrients EC values etc.? That's the most stupid argument you can come up with yet.
Quote:
You can't actually tell at all what calculator or calculation method is best and what to recommend for a beginner or an intermediate. Isn't that so?
Yes that is so, So What. That does not change anything I have said in the slightest. Simply suggesting that someone (or anyone) not discount information (and/or a nutrient calculator, in this case) is all that I have advised. I have not said that one is better than the other, or anything of the sort. But the fact remains there IS animosity between you and Daniel (the creator of the HydroBuddy, and the Science in Hydroponics blog), and that in itself would make it difficult for you at best to be completely objective about it (even if you disagree with that).

Therefore all I suggest is that people investigate more than one source of information, and make up their own minds. Especially before they conclude that a particular source of information is rubbish, solely on the word of just one person. And especially when that person is most likely not being completely objective (even if they wanted to be objective). The stronger that you object to people making up there own minds, the more it shows that you cant be completely objective.

A person that's actually being completely objective, would not be trying so hard to keep people for thinking for themselves. But you seem to be very strongly opposed to people doing that, and that just makes me (and I'm sure many others) wonder why. The more adamant at not wanting to allow people to investigate more than one source of information that you get, the more I feel that you must have an ulterior motive for it. That clearly seems like your animosity toward Daniel is much stronger than I even thought. Get a grip...

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 12-04-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Growing plants in compost in a hydroponic system is not recommended. Compost is great for plants planted in the ground and in pots but not for hydroponics. "Hydroponics" simply means growing without soil. Compost is a nutrient rich soil. You will wind up with nutrient problems, not to mention that the compost partials are so small they will wash away into your nutrient solution and clog your pump.

Plants in any type of hydroponic system can be placed close together especially while young/small, but you need to keep in mind the size of the full grown plant and allow the plant the space to grow. Hydroponic plants generally grow faster and sometimes larger than plants in soil when given the right conditions.
Try to use for the kitchen model 2019. I found great models on https://bestsinkdisposal.com/garbage...als-under-200/. Who can add?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:14 AM

Making use of the consultant repair, the Phidget isn't perceived. GetSerial does no longer fix some thing within the reassure and understanding sources and yields are not enrolling within the wake of hoping to start discussion. The system does now not seem to open. The drove on the barricade lights at the same time surroundings off an enter yet Max is not seeing it.