Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums

Can I use the same nutrients for lettuce and strawberrys?

Old 11-27-2014, 10:32 PM

Default Can I use the same nutrients for lettuce and strawberrys?

lettuce formula is 8-15-36 (1575ppm) and strawberry formula is 8-12-32 (1200ppm) on the hydro gardens website. My question is this, can I use the same 8-15-36 on strawberry's too? I can set the ppm for what the strawberry's like (1200ppm) on a different tank or is there a happy medium for both say 1400-1500 to use the same tank? The main question I have is that I want to use the same 8-15-36 for both and save some cash is this doable?

Last edited by ttallos; 11-27-2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttallos View Post
lettuce formula is 8-15-36 (1575ppm) and strawberry formula is 8-12-32 (1200ppm) on the hydro gardens website. My question is this, can I use the same 8-15-36 on strawberry's too? I can set the ppm for what the strawberry's like (1200ppm) on a different tank or is there a happy medium for both say 1400-1500 to use the same tank? The main question I have is that I want to use the same 8-15-36 for both and save some cash is this doable?
yes!
in my non-expert opinion you'll be fine. the difference in the 2 formulas is negligible. you'll get optimal results by using a formula designed specifically for your plant, but my guess is you won't see a difference.
lots of people grow using generic hydroponic nutrients. that's what I do. I use ECOGROW generic nutrients to grow tomatoes, basil, onions, cauliflower, peppers... it works fine for all of them.
give it a try!
Old 02-04-2015, 07:48 PM

Smile

I know what you mean, I was using the master blend mix for tomatoes to grow peppers and lettuce all last year and all those varieties did fine! Its nice to compare notes. I think I will keep using the master blend and get the variety for strawberries and use it for the lettuce as well. Thanks for your reply!
Old 04-04-2015, 05:51 AM

Which master blend you are using for tomatoes? Can you post the picture of it, so that I can get an idea how it is and will be easy for me to buy.
-------------
technique anti cellulite

Last edited by Charlesgoodman; 04-24-2015 at 01:42 AM.