Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

whats the proper ph level?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM

Default whats the proper ph level?

I just started growing..just got some nutrients and a ph test kit whats next? most of the seeds are still germinating should i add the nutrients now or wait until i have more growth? the nutrients that I bought is Schultz 10-15-10 w/t micro nutes and also boughts some superthirve. I need some advice plz.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 PM

You don't need to add any nutrients to germinating seeds. Once they get big enough, I would use a diluted nutrient solution (about 1/4 to 1/3 max). What type of seeds are you germinating? What type of system are you planing on putting them into when they get big enough? The pH requirements vary from plant to plant, but generally 5.5 to 6.5 is fine for most plants. In which case I would aim for 6.0 so it can fluctuate.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 PM

Default re: system and vegies

Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, and green beans, I'll be using a bucket w/t bottom sprayers.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:37 AM

lol you sound like me! dont rush in to add nutrients. let those seeds germinate properly. all they need right now is enough light and water and once they are like few inches big, you need to place in hydroponics growing medium. I use the coco coir and works great. Afterwhich you could start adding the nutes to the plants. check out some youtube videos. they'll give you better idea.