Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

My Very First Setup


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default

Well I Did nutrient Change Today And Retested Water PH 4 different times
Conclusion; Water Ph Was Too low...Yellow Indicator - Tells Me Too Low

(I Know I Need Something The Way Of Blue labs PH Test Meter)
(I Know I Need Something The Way Of Blue labs TDS Test Meter)
But A Decent Test Meter Cost$$$ And I 'am On A Budget.. So I Use This
I'm Using API Fresh Water PH Test Kit (with Color Chart)

For Now I Buy Purified Water
R.O The Best I Know I Will Get Water Service Next Month
The Sell R.O By The 5 Gallon Jug
------------------------------------------------------------
Water Temp 20.4 Celsius = 68.72 Fahrenheit
PH Level Test no1...Fresh Water Only No nutrients 6.6
------------------------------------------------------------
PH Level Test no2...with Nutrients added (PH 6.0)
Took Sample from Near Top bucket

PH Level Test no3...with Nutrients added (PH 6.0)
Took Sample from deep in bucket still same
--------------------------------------------------------------
Final Test
PH Level Test no4...with Nutrients added (PH 6.4)
--------------------------------------------------------------
All In All I Need To Recheck & Recheck & Recheck & Check Everyday
I Think most likely This Was My problem; Because Roots Look
Nice & White & Getting longer And More

Click image for larger version

Name:	API Fresh Water   TEST  KIT.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	2732

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-23-2014, 01:31 PM
oTOMMYo oTOMMYo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 37
Default

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005...sr=8-1&pi=SL75


^^^^ cheap ph pen


I might be wrong here but i think you waters gonna be to warm? Idk
I had a pathogen problem at 20-21į c so i had to buy a water chiller and was told i could go down to 16į....idk maybe someone will explain .


I think its got to do with dissolvable oxygen in the water works best at a certain temp ?? Idk......im only going by what problem i had?

You may want to google your water temp.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-23-2014, 01:44 PM
oTOMMYo oTOMMYo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy216 View Post
Well I Did nutrient Change Today And Retested Water PH 4 different times
Conclusion; Water Ph Was Too low...Yellow Indicator - Tells Me Too Low

(I Know I Need Something The Way Of Blue labs PH Test Meter)
(I Know I Need Something The Way Of Blue labs TDS Test Meter)
But A Decent Test Meter Cost$$$ And I 'am On A Budget.. So I Use This
I'm Using API Fresh Water PH Test Kit (with Color Chart)

For Now I Buy Purified Water
R.O The Best I Know I Will Get Water Service Next Month
The Sell R.O By The 5 Gallon Jug
------------------------------------------------------------
Water Temp 20.4 Celsius = 68.72 Fahrenheit
PH Level Test no1...Fresh Water Only No nutrients 6.6
------------------------------------------------------------
PH Level Test no2...with Nutrients added (PH 6.0)
Took Sample from Near Top bucket

PH Level Test no3...with Nutrients added (PH 6.0)
Took Sample from deep in bucket still same
--------------------------------------------------------------
Final Test
PH Level Test no4...with Nutrients added (PH 6.4)
--------------------------------------------------------------
All In All I Need To Recheck & Recheck & Recheck & Check Everyday
I Think most likely This Was My problem; Because Roots Look
Nice & White & Getting longer And More

Attachment 2732
You mentioned RO water ...... Do you have hard water at home?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oTOMMYo View Post
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005...sr=8-1&pi=SL75

^^^^ cheap ph pen
I might be wrong here but i think you waters gonna be to warm? Idk
I had a pathogen problem at 20-21į c so i had to buy a water chiller and was told i could go down to 16į....idk maybe someone will explain .

I think its got to do with dissolvable oxygen in the water works best at a certain temp ?? Idk......im only going by what problem i had?

You may want to google your water temp.
hey tommy check this link out; Answer: Temperature of the nutrient solution should be in the range of 65 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit (18 to 26 degrees Celsius).
GENERAL HYDROPONICS: Questions About Water

I Believe That I am within That range with 10 degree's to spare lol
See Its Winter time here where I am at Cleveland ohio temps getting to about 60 degree's During daytime

Also just in case what's a decent low cost chiller? all ones I seen cost a ton of money
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:45 PM
oTOMMYo oTOMMYo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 37
Default

You might need one for the summer, mine was $300 helia hx 110a ( i think ? ).


Its a little bit more complex than you think hydroponics isn't it....im just starting to get to grips with the bennies.lol.

Going back to the first posts of this thread about cfl's and hps......are you thinking differently because iv got the hps and mh ( metal halide ) on my ' to by list '.?? You ??
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,831
Default

Hello Bigdaddy216,
First I would like to mention I have been extremely busy today, but I promise I will send you both those articles as soon As I can catch a breath. I wouldn't have even chimed in today except that I thought it was important to tell you a couple things. First, As I mentioned earlier in this thread there is no need to spend money on a electronic pH pen. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, that's fine get one. I don't care if it's a cheep one, or the best on the market, they all have the same type of problems. The only reliable method to test pH is with pH drops. However the pH drops your using are the wrong type. They are not capable of the right pH range. The lowest it goes is 6.0, and You need a pH range between 4 and 8. Six point zero is perfect for most plants, but the pH can be 4.0 (not good for any plants) and those test drops wont be able to tell you because it cant go that low. This is what I always use, and is all you need (pH Test Kit). You can get it at any hydroponics shop for under $10, and doesn't need to be calibrated, need to be adjusted for water temp, will never give you false readings, and last you a year or more even with regular use.

By the way pH for cucumbers is around 5.8 and 6.0. So 6.0 is perfect for them, but it may have been much lower and you would never know it using those drops. 6.5 to 7 is actually to high for cucumbers. Yes Like I mentioned your water temp is just fine between 65 and 70F. Optimum water temp is between 68 and 72, but a few degrees either way is no problem. However once it gets up much past 80 you'll begin to have problems. Some plants tolerate heat stress better than others, so with cool weather plants like lettuce you should try to not let it get higher than 75 or so.
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-25-2014, 08:13 PM
oTOMMYo oTOMMYo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 37
Default

Hows the hydroponics going bigdaddy ?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default

well so far so good I think .... as I did a nutrient change out what 2 days ago I found out my ph levels was way off.. so I rechecked it after i mixed nutrients .. but as I was changing out I noticed how sickly one plant was looking compared to the other cuke plant so what m gut told me was to yank it so it wouldn't infect good plant so now I only have 1 cuke plant in 10in netpot in 3.5 gallon bucket instead of 2 ..tent humidity and temp been running pretty constant I think maybe I had a bad seed ... all in all things look pretty good I pot picture update about Tuesday or wed
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default Cuke Update

Hey Tommy Here and Update.. Sorry to say I had to yank one of the plants it just didn't look az good az this one do . I Figure It May Have Been Diseased bad seed I guess but here look at root mass and plant itself Click image for larger version

Name:	10-27-14.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	2733

Click image for larger version

Name:	Root mass          10-27-14.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	2734
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-27-2014, 07:25 PM
oTOMMYo oTOMMYo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaddy216 View Post
Hey Tommy Here and Update.. Sorry to say I had to yank one of the plants it just didn't look az good az this one do . I Figure It May Have Been Diseased bad seed I guess but here look at root mass and plant itself Attachment 2733

Attachment 2734
What's wrong with it?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default

lets see for one ,, yellowing was progressing no2 plant was green but kinda crinkly no3. leaves started drooping or folding in as it drooped... my thought was infected seed or maybe I didn't catch ph level in time ,,
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,831
Default

I don't know if it's the lighting or not, but it looks a little on the yellow side. It may just be recovering, or still have a problem. Did you get the right kind of pH drops yet? Now that the seedlings are getting bigger, I would probably up the nutrients to about 2/3 to 3/4 strength. They should start growing quickly if their getting enough light.


Also, I was looking for new articles today when I came across these three that I think you may find useful.

Control Yourself: Understanding the Basics of Indoor Climate Control

Whatís the Problem? Hydroponic Troubleshooting

Cultivating Cucumbers

P.S.
Bigdaddy216, did you get the e-mail I sent you. If not, I can re-send it..
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
I don't know if it's the lighting or not, but it looks a little on the yellow side. It may just be recovering, or still have a problem. Did you get the right kind of pH drops yet? Now that the seedlings are getting bigger, I would probably up the nutrients to about 2/3 to 3/4 strength. They should start growing quickly if their getting enough light.


Also, I was looking for new articles today when I came across these three that I think you may find useful.

Control Yourself: Understanding the Basics of Indoor Climate Control

Whatís the Problem? Hydroponic Troubleshooting

Cultivating Cucumbers

P.S.
Bigdaddy216, did you get the e-mail I sent you. If not, I can re-send it..
Thanks For The Links I Got Them All... As For The PH Yes I Rechecked It 4 Times Before & After I Added Nutrients I Found My PH To Be Way Too Low So I Got It Between 5.5 & 5.8 ...i totally changed out nutrients to half strength,, but I think I'm just go switch brands of nutrients to general hydroponics because they have a mixing chart for all stages and i think that's where my problem lays because i believe i have a nutrient lock out because i seen some other picture and look same as mines they said when lok like that its a potassium issue or phosphate i think
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,831
Default

Nutrient lockout is not due to the brand of nutrients you use. Nutrient lockout is due to two things,
1. improper pH,
2. mixing them incorrectly. And by that I mean combining parts together (A and B etc..) at to high of a concentrations. If you mix them in the full volume of water you intend to use, that will never happen.


HOW ARE YOU TESTING YOUR pH now???

If you choose to use the same pH drops you were using, you will never be able to get your pH correct. I'm just trying to save you time, money, effort, and frustration. But I'm wasting my time if I don't know the basics.......
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-30-2014, 09:20 AM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
Nutrient lockout is not due to the brand of nutrients you use. Nutrient lockout is due to two things,
1. improper pH,
2. mixing them incorrectly. And by that I mean combining parts together (A and B etc..) at to high of a concentrations. If you mix them in the full volume of water you intend to use, that will never happen.


HOW ARE YOU TESTING YOUR pH now???

If you choose to use the same pH drops you were using, you will never be able to get your pH correct. I'm just trying to save you time, money, effort, and frustration. But I'm wasting my time if I don't know the basics.......
I Hear Everything You Saying This all Why I am Going To Buy New Next Monday Pay Day,, Like You Said Its My Mixing & Having wrong Ph Test Kit,, See its like I have said my math is bad that's why im switching to GH they have it all figured out the measurement part and heres what I be buying General Hydroponics pH Test Kit 1 oz $4.90

PH Up Liquid Adjusting Solution Quart $6.90
PH Down Liquid Adjusting Solution Quart $6.90
General Hydroponics FloraGro Quart $7.90
General Hydroponics FloraBloom Quart $7.90
General Hydroponics FloraMicro Quart $9.90
General Hydroponics - CALiMAGic Quart $9.90
T5 Ho 8 tube Fixture 40,000 lumen

For Me I'm Doing Good Learning process For Me
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-30-2014, 10:07 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,831
Default

OK,
That's a really good price on the general hydroponics pH testing kit. Usually they run $6.95 to $8.95.

You do need some pH adjusters. I assumed you already had some otherwise how are you trying to adjust them? If you already have some I'm not sure why you would spend more money when you don't need to.

Also I don't think you have a problem with the brand of nutrients you are using. But if you have the extra money to spend, and want to buy the flora series nutrients, go for it. their good nutrients (just expensive). If so don't bother much with their mixing chart. For full strength nutrient solution, use equal amounts 10 ml per gallon of each part for continuously fruiting plants like cucumbers. I have used the flora series a lot myself in the past. But if you don't have extra money to spend don't bother. If you really need help with the math of what you already have, I will help you with it so you don't need to spend money you don't need to.

You also simply don't need to spend money on any cal mag product. It is good in some circumstances, but not in your case. Especially if you don't have money to waste. You can add all the cal mag you want, but the plants will never be able to take it up if the pH is incorrect, and just adding more wont make them use more. They only take what they need, and any balanced nutrient solution will already have plenty in it.

You can test the pH all you want, but if you don't use the right drops you still don't know what your pH is. I've been trying to get that across to you, but you keep avoiding it. Even telling me your pH is between 5.5 and 5.8, and I know that's not true because you cant be that accurate with drops (even GH drops), and the drops you do have don't even go below 6.0. So unless you bought or borrowed a pH meter you couldn't even come close to telling that range correctly. If you did barrow one, Then I would ask how you know it's calibrated correctly, and functioning correctly.

The only thing you need right now is to get the pH drops so you can actualy tell what the pH is. Bottom line, if I were you I wouldn't waste money on anything on your list right now except the pH drops (and I guess the T'5 if you want to try using them). Once you get the pH drops and test your nutrient solution with it, we can see where you are at that point. Tell then there is nothing to do but wait for the right information.

P. S.
Yes your doing fine learning, just keep in mind I just can't help you if I don't have accurate information to work from.
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 10-30-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default

[QUOTE=GpsFrontier;12178]OK,
That's a really good price on the general hydroponics pH testing kit. Usually they run $6.95 to $8.95.

You do need some pH adjusters. I assumed you already had some otherwise how are you trying to adjust them? If you already have some I'm not sure why you would spend more money when you don't need to.

Also I don't think you have a problem with the brand of nutrients you are using. But if you have the extra money to spend, and want to buy the flora series nutrients, go for it. their good nutrients (just expensive). If so don't bother much with their mixing chart. For full strength nutrient solution, use equal amounts 10 ml per gallon of each part for continuously fruiting plants like cucumbers. I have used the flora series a lot myself in the past. But if you don't have extra money to spend don't bother. If you really need help with the math of what you already have, I will help you with it so you don't need to spend money you don't need to.


A. (((For full strength nutrient solution, use equal amounts 10 ml per gallon of each part for continuously fruiting plants like cucumbers.)))

B. Now for example; seedling like I have in pictures I posted, what (ml) Should I Cut That To and How Long To Feed For Till Full strength?

C. Do I Need To Measure Out; 10ml Of Bloom, 10ml, Of Gro, 10ml of Micro? Or Do You Mean 10ml Total?

PH Level
Basically You Telling Me To Have 2 (Different Ways) To Check PH Level [/COLOR][/B]Instead Of Just Using Drops & Don’t Trust A PH Pen Because Calibration Could Be Off Right?

Also You Said Just Buy More PH Up & PH Down
Because Yes I Have Some PH Up & PH Down That Came With That API Fresh Water Kit PH Kit I Have …..

Far As Water Goes I Have Been Using Purified Water – But As Of 3rd November I Have Bottle Water Service They Sell Reverse Osmosis Water In Five Gallons

TDS
Should I Buy A TDS Meter? Would That Help?
Is This Good Brand ? I Know You Get What You Pay For

Hanna 1382 PPM TDS Calibration Solution 20ml Sachets $1.09
Hanna Primo TDS Test Meter $27.90


How I Been Feeding So You Understand
This Exactly What It Says On Site In Mix Recommendations

Product Information
TOMATO FERTILIZER 4-18-38
A special fertilizer mix used for growing tomatoes, peppers and other vegetable crops. Can be used in the greenhouse or in the field. Water soluble.
Works great in drip irrigation systems. Not a foliar feed fertilizer.
Designed to be used with Calcium nitrate. 25# bag also available in 1# and 5#

The recommended mix per 5 gallons is: 12 grams Master Blend, 12 grams Calcium Nitrate, 6 grams Magnesium sulfate.


Now If I Pour 2.5 Gallons Of That out Of 5 Gallons Into My 3.5 Gallon Bucket
Will That Still Be Too Much?

How I Been Cutting Back
12g + 12g + 6g = 30g
So Whats Half Of ( 30g ) = 15g (That How I Been Feeding )


Here Site Link Also
https://www.morgancountyseeds.com/st...&productId=487

Last edited by Bigdaddy216; 10-30-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-31-2014, 02:39 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Now for example; seedling like I have in pictures I posted, what (ml) Should I Cut That To and How Long To Feed For Till Full strength?
I just don it simply and easily. If I'm using just a little bit like for seedlings, I will take a gallon water jug and mix up one gallon of full strength nutrient solution. Then just dilute it as necessary from their. One gallon of full strength nutrient solution plus one gallon of plain water equals two gallons of half strength (50%) nutrient solution. If you want it more diluted just add more plain water. If you want it more concentrated add less plain water. If I'm needing more nutrient solution than that. Say five gallons, and I want it to be about 50%, just divide the amount needed in half. 10 mil x5= 50 divide in half= 25mil. Noe it's not always easy to measure small amounts. But any standard measuring spoons usually have the mil measurements on it as well. Example: 1 teaspoon =5mil, 1 tablespoon = 15mil and so on. I also have used a flavor injector syringe before as well. You know for injecting marinade into your chicken or pot roast. Mine didn't have the measurements because they were warn off. But I measured 10mil of water, and sucked it up in the syringe. then I cut a small line in the plastic body at the water level. From then on every time I wanted 10 mil, I just used the syringe and sucked it up to the line.

Quote:
Do I Need To Measure Out; 10ml Of Bloom, 10ml, Of Gro, 10ml of Micro?
Yes, if you decide to spend the money to buy the flora series nutrients, that is how I recommend you mix it. It is a three part nutrient that takes all three parts to work properly, and for continuously fruiting plants like cucumbers, peppers, tomato's, strawberries, etc. you want to use it in equal parts. 10ml Of Bloom, 10ml Of Gro, and 10ml of Micro for each gallon of water. If you do the math you can see just how expensive it is to use, but they work just fine and a good choice for beginners to get their feet wet growing. Eventually as you want to grow more, you'll need more nutrient solution and at about $0.30 to $0.35 cents a gallon of nutrient solution for the flora series, it will get expensive to use.

Quote:
Basically You Telling Me To Have 2 (Different Ways) To Check PH Level [/COLOR][/B]Instead Of Just Using Drops & Donít Trust A PH Pen Because Calibration Could Be Off Right?
I'm not sure what two "(Different Ways)" your referring to. But for the pH pen, yes they can give you false readings so you can't really trust them. But if you do decide to get one (I don't even have one), make sure you have some of the general hydroponics pH drops also. That way you can always use the drops to check and make sure the pen is working properly. If the drops give you the same basic readings as the pen, then the pen is working properly. pH drops are the only reliable way to check pH, however the pH drops you were using are not designed for hydroponics and cant give you the readings you need. You can just toss those out or give them away to someone with a pool in their back yard that can use them. Once you have the general hydroponics test kit, that is the only pH tester you will need.

Quote:
Also You Said Just Buy More PH Up & PH Down
Because Yes I Have Some PH Up & PH Down That Came With That API Fresh Water Kit PH Kit I Have Ö..
Well I was just confused as to why you had pH adjustors on your list of things to buy. Simply because if you already had some and are short on money I don't know why you would be spending money to buy more of them when you already had some. But they are a necessity and in case you didn't have any then yes you'll need some.

However now that you are telling me that the pH adjusters you have came with the pH kit you were using (not the general hydroponics pH kit), I would suggest you toss what you have out as well (because I'm sure their not designed for hydroponics either), and get the general hydroponics liquid adjustors on your list to get. You don't want to use any pH adjustors that are not designed for hydroponics. I should also mention that the general hydroponics dry pH adjusters are a much better deal in the long run. They are a few dollars more for the one pound containers (about $10-$12 depending on where you get them), but last much much longer. However if money is tight, just get the cheaper liquid ones, they should last you 2-4 months anyway.

Quote:
Far As Water Goes I Have Been Using Purified Water Ė But As Of 3rd November I Have Bottle Water Service They Sell Reverse Osmosis Water In Five Gallons
That's fine, I don't know what they charge for the water, but you may want to consider building a water filtration system, or buying a portable RO system. As you begin to grow more plants you will need plenty of water on hand. I have had plants that drink as much as 2-1/2 gallons a day each. Not each system, each plant. Just something you will want to consider as you grow more and more plants.

Quote:
Should I Buy A TDS Meter? Would That Help?
Is This Good Brand ? I Know You Get What You Pay For
No. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, it's always nice to have another toy to play with. But you simply don't need one. In over 5 years of growing hydroponically, I still haven't bothered to get one. Simply because I would rather use that money for more nutrients, or to build another system.

Typically Hanna is a good a good manufacture. They make testing equipment in all price ranges, and anything half way reliable will cost at least $100 or more. Even at that just like pH pens, TDS/EC meters can easily give you false readings. But that's not why I have one, the main reason (besides price) is even if it is working well, it simply cant tell me what I want to know. I don't need to know the general strength of my nutrient solution because I know how I mixed them, and change them regularly so they are balanced. When they make one that can tell me how much of each individual element is in the solution, that's when I'll buy one. The ones available can only give you a total of everything in the water, but not what quantities that each are in. So you can easily have one or two elements depleted, and some at toxic levels, and even when the meter is working properly the number on the TDS/EC meter can read in a good range, but the balance of the nutrients can still be way off and you would never know it.

Quote:
How I Been Feeding So You Understand
This Exactly What It Says On Site In Mix Recommendations
I will have to get back to you on this, it's been a long day and I want to go through it thoroughly so I'm sure I understand it first. If I forget about it, remind me...
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:10 AM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Default

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 136.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	2742

That Picture Is How I Mix Nutrient Big Bag Is 4-18-38 5lbs. $12.50 &
Calcium Nitrate Was $4.00 & Magnesium (Epsom Salt) $2.00. Scale Was $14.00

About Me
I Have Fixed Imcome & Disabled & I Didnít Finish Highschool, I Have Vertigo & Basically Blind In One Eye; I Live In A Apartment Where I Have No Place To Garden Otherwise Id Do It OutdoorísÖ.

I Appreciate Everything Your Not Wasting Your Time With Me ..I Understand This Not Go Be Easy Heck Nothings Easy;; I Am Not Offended Not At All;; Because Thatís What I Want Is The Honest Truth..

1. When I Said I Had Some Ph up & Ph Down (Well It Wont Last) Because Bottles Are size of Pill Bottles Lol ..Thatís Why I I Said I Just Buy General Hyponicís PH Kits & Ph up & Ph Down To Last Me Good While Vs That Stuff I Have You Said Thatís Not Made For Hydroponics (Will Buy New PH Kit Made For Hydroponicís)

2. Ok I Will Scrap Buying A PH & TDS Test Pen (Wont Buy One)

3. Well Far As Water Goes Water Service Is As Follows $7.00 Per Five Gallons
So If I Buy 3 For The Month That Be $21.00 They Do Have (First Time) Bottle
Deposit But You Get That Back When You Quit Them

4.Far As The 4-18-38 Fertilzer I Have Well Thatís For Commerial Growers And Made So You Have To Add Calcium Nitrate and Magnesium Sulfate; See I Been Using A Digital Scale To Measure That Out In Grams So Thatís How I Was Using The MasterBlend


Compared To Where Flora Series You Donít Need to Add Any Thing .. all You Do Is Measure And Add To Your Water

So I Fiugred Flora Series Be Better For Me After All Your Not Going To Use The Entire Bottle In One Month On One Or Two Plants (That Was My Thinking) Lol
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Bigdaddy216 Bigdaddy216 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: ohio
Posts: 48
Question

4. How are these plants being watered, and what is the water level in the buckets?
6. Is the top of the growing media moist or dry?
8. Are the plants getting good air circulation?


@ GpsFrontier;
Say I Was Scrolling Back Threw Posts From Your advise here to me
Well no1. Bucket water level now I know in the beginning it have to be just under netpot this I know, but do I need to reduce that water level at some point?

Also when u asked if top of my grow media was wet or dry so do that makes difference? Because tops of my clay pebbles was always dry cause when I changed out nutes I just transferred plant into 2nd bucket

Now Last Question; Air Circulation as I stated my fan was always on never off, so did I mess up by not having another fan pulling on other end?

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.