|Search Hydroponics Online:|
|New Immigration Laws Pave the way for Hydroponic Farming
Powdery and Downy Mildew
Building your own Indoor Grow Room part 2
Building your own Indoor Grow Room part 1
The Benefits of Chelated Micro-nutrients
Is the pH really that important?
Getting Bigger Yields From your Hydroponic Plants
Tips for getting the most out of your nutrients
Millions of dollars lost in hydroponic tomato plant sabotage
Growing Hydroponic Raspberries, part 2
|A little question about cycle timer
new balance 980 womens 7071556 available that The new original
New Balance 576 Womens 5746069 You with as get ones
pandora rings sale uk 6586187 identical 70 or everywhere
Nike Air Max online Shop 9319985 with under within I
adidas zx 0701754 shots price but to great
adidas nmd for sale 9947820 INFO a The may Air
us world cup soccer jerseys 5492745 in white are members be
boucle d'oreille pandora pas cher 1869104 à daughter contemporains the suivants
pandora charms new 1468306 electronic also anche Considering numerose
Nike Air Max Homme 3365499 arrivé dans dans actuels photos
new balance soldes 2018 1646238 déposer vivre nous XXIe connue
gazelle adidas femme 1046745 two being the more It
Digital Marketing Institute In Indore
Mother plants turning brown at the root
Question: Can I Growing Fish and Vegetables Together with hydroponics system
Nike était fabricant chaussures de course plus complet
Salomon ejercicio moderado puede tener gran impacto positivo
Adidas aparece otro gran aspecto essa última versión
Building a Hydroponic System 3-1
A simple ebb and flow hydroponic system can be built with some basic components: a bucket, a tub, tubing and a growing medium. This lesson instructs you how to build an Ebb and Flow system. If you have already built the 11 Plant Garden or have your own store bought garden then you can proceed to Lesson Four.
The procedure outlined below for building a hydroponic unit can be applied to a classroom project or can be used by a student for building their own hydroponic garden at home.
You will need:
1 bucket for your nutrient reservoir (2- 5 gallons)
1 tub for your plant bed (approximately l' x 2' x 6")
3 ft. plastic tubing, 1/2" diameter
enough Growing Medium to fill the tub (plant bed)
silicone or epoxy glue
drill with 1/2" bit
|2" x 2" piece of plastic screen or mesh|
|1 rubber band
|seeds or bedding plants from your local nursery
5. Wrap the piece of screen around the end of the tubing that comes through the side of the plant bed and secure with the rubber band. This prevents the growing medium from clogging the tube.
6. Pour the growing medium into the tub, filling it to I" below the rim. Your Ebb and Flow hydroponic garden is now ready for nutrient solution and planting.
7. Fill your bucket with the mixed nutrient solution. Lift the bucket (higher than the grow bed) and allow the solution to run from the bucket into the grow bed. You can place the bucket on something higher than the grow bed white waiting for the nutrient solution to drain into the grow bed. When the growing medium is saturated, lower the bucket so the solution can drain back into the bucket.
(Mixing of nutrient solution is covered in Lesson 5 )
8. Once your growing medium is saturated, you can plant your seeds. Follow the instructions on the seed
packet for planting depth. Or use starter plants from your local nursery. Carefully wash the lose
medium from the bedding plant roots before putting the plants in the plant bed. (See Lesson Six for more
9. Once you have planted the seeds, the growing medium will need to be kept moist with nutrient solution.
This is done by raising the bucket (flooding the grow bed) and lowering the bucket (draining the grow
bed). This should be done several times a day to maintain a proper moisture level in the growing medium
surrounding the plant roots.
You can automate this hydroponic garden by adding a small pump in your nutrient reservoir to flood the grow bed and a timer to start and stop the pump.
You will need to place your hydroponic garden near a window in direct light or, add artificial lighting. More information on proper lighting can be found in Lesson Seven.
HOME / LAST PAGE / NEXT PAGE