View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Boiling water for hydroponics is not necessary, not useful, a waste of time, energy and resources anyway
Tell that to all the people who get sick every year because there was something in the water they drank.
Quote:
No-one does it as far as I know in any wealthy country
That's because we have what is known as water filtration systems, and water treatment plants in country's like mine. Even so, when drinking water directly out of streams, lakes and ponds, or even just eating snow, it's always recommended to either treat the water, or boil it to make it safe to drink. That's because there are often living organisms in it that are harmful to people. There are also many that are harmful to plants as well.
Quote:
What part of the no-go didn't you understand?
Simply, none of it. Last time I checked I didn't take my orders from you, and nothing has changed (don't hold your breath). You still haven't made my list of authority figures, your not even at the bottom of the list.
Quote:
In some case you simply have to be able to put yourself in other's shoes
That's exactly what I am doing. Otherwise I would just suggest to just buck it up, get with the times, and get a water filtration system like the rest of us. But that not being an option (in other peoples shoes) it could be worked around with what is available.
Quote:
you even have to consider that some people may not even have the privilege to own and wear shoes.
I do know there are many unfortunate people in the world. But I'm guessing if you can afford a computer, and the internet service, not to mention all the stuff needed to build the hydroponic system in the first place, you'd be able to afford shoes. The nutrients are not free either I'm sure, so I'm guessing they would be able to afford a couple of matches. But in any case it simply dosen't cost any money to do what I have suggested. I live in the desert, but I can still find wood just walking around. It dosen't cost anything to pull something out of the trash, and clean it up. In case the matches cost too much, starting a fire can be done with 2 sticks. Again not my choice, but if that's what is available, that's what I'd use.
Quote:
Why can't you simply accept what others state
I'm not a sheep, and don't just a follow others around beleving everything anyone says. You are so used to being given that to you without question, you won't be able to understand. I have a mind of my own, and I use it. I also give others the respect in believing they do also (until they show they don't deserve it). I'm also not afraid to defend myself if needed either.

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 04-04-2010 at 03:32 AM.