Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics

Help with tomatoes in Cambodia for orphanage


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 03-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Luches Luches is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 177
Default

Hi again,
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhitomi View Post
I was just checking, and it seems that aphid nets are specially designed to allow UV rays to reach the plants, and I also wonder if a mosquito net would have small enough openings... If we need an anti-aphid net, then we'll have to search for a supplier in Phnom Penh.
I was thinking of it too... obvious, isn't it...
When comparing the mesh size of both (mosquito nets we have around here), it seems they are similar. The aphid nets exist in 2-3 mesh sizes I think, - the finer the safer. But the downside of the fine-meshed net is that it does let less wind or airflow through, which is important with net-houses. I guess the white color is letting the UV through anyways. You may improvise a box-shaped frame first (bamboo or PVC tubes etc), put it over the seedlings and than cover it with the net.

It's worth a try with the mosquito net, you can't do much wrong. Too silly you are a bit far away, because I just bought a roll of 100 meter...

Last edited by Luches; 03-21-2010 at 11:58 AM.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.