Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup

is 24 8 16 ok for new tomatoe sprouts?


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

I would just use plain water until the sprouts reach about an inch tall. Then I would mix the nutrient solution at about 1/4 strength until they get another couple of inches. Then I would mix it at about 1/2 to 2/3 strength tell the plants grow a bit more before mixing it full strength.

As for the numbers I wouldn't worry about that, for tomato's I would make sure the nutrients were made for continuously fruiting plants. If you are still concerned about the numbers then just make sure the nutrients were specifically designed for tomato's, and by a reputable company.


P.S. Also make sure you are using hydroponic nutrients in a hydroponic system.
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.