Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Advice on building a hydroponics room.


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 PM
fintuckyfarms fintuckyfarms is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a
Posts: 347
Default

Need just a little more info...
What do you plan on growing?
What type of system do you plan to utilize?
What are your temp extreams?
Which direction will this addition be facing? and are there any trees that may block the sun?

You will find there are a lot of "it depends" and at some point you just have to jump in and give it the ol' college try. There are lots of resources out there and I learned a ton of of youtube. The most important thing with hydroponics is the root/resouviour temps. The roots do not like to be too cold or too hot. There will be lots of opionions but I try to stay in the 65 to 82 degrees range so for me that means heating in the winter and cooling in the summer. Again, there are lots of options from home made, off the grid ideas to expensive store bought systems. I just use frozen containers in the nutes to keep them cool and insulating the resoviour in the summer. For winter, I am looking at a sawdust barrel stove.
The other thing is the right plant for the right spot... Don't plant a tomato plant in a 4" horizonal tube, I learned the hard way! However I did grow a pumpkin plant in a 15 gal rubbermaid tote
Good luck! Hydro is a great way to feed your family.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.