Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Noob to hydro, first attempt at NFT system


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #31  
Old 02-19-2016, 06:22 PM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

When I mentioned growing outside, I didn't mean in soil. I meant growing plants in a hydro system outside.

P.S. With a 600 watt HID you can easily cover a 225 (15x15) square foot area. More if the sides had plants in a vertical system. However I would have went with 4, 150 watt bulbs. That would give a wider footprint (coverage area) like a 20x20 area, and better overall (even) coverage because the light is coming from 4 directions spread out, instead of just one point. It would also be more versatile, in case you decide to grow in different spaces, or smaller areas and don't need a 600 watt light.
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 02-19-2016 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.