Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Basic Nutrient Strength Question


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 05-30-2016, 08:50 AM
Rye Rye is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 16
Default

I started with seed for kale around the first week of April. I sprout them under a 52w light and then moved up to a 400 watt light. Thats when they really took off.
However, in concerns to the nutrients. I followed GPS's advice for 1/4, 1/2, and full strength with out using a pen. At the point were I got to full strength, with a 400watt light, the Kale exploded. Now, it's beginning to fad a bit. What I noticed, by the pen, when it was at it's best growing I was showing readings of 180 x10 PPM. Way over strength. However, now it's starting to slow ( need to change water, and it's only showing 135 x10 PPM.

The pen doesn't show me what is depeleted, and I am not sure of the accuracy as I should be torchingmy plants with a level that high. But, they are responding well. I have been cutting 4-6 cups of fresh baby kale leaves every two days off of 15 plants. More than enough to supply the house. When I moved to my NFT with 100 plant slots, I plan on running 20 kale, 50 spinach, and the rest lettuce or chard.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.