Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Over fertilization?


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 03-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Mathmattx Mathmattx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 18
Default Potential Hydrogen Testing

Science and Medicine have used litmus and chem pH tests for decades with excellent and reliable results. Just takes some patience and training (both of which it seems you have), so that is excellent. As I was reading your posts, etc, the only other issue you may want to get out ahead of is Transpiration and evaporation. You said you live in a very arid climate, is your hydro setup out of doors? Your plants might be prone to excesive transpiration that would certainly require TDS monitoring so you can balance evaporated/transpired H20. I would lastly recomend keping a "log" of all that you do. It will help you learn how adding chemicals, time, temp, etc affect your setup. The idea bening it will get infinitly easier and cheaper as you learn what works, how your plant resond to your water, nutrient, etc, etc. The best log I have found (because i wrote it) can be found at Hydroponica.blogspot.com. Its easy to copy and paste the jpeg or as I say I can e-mail it. Matt- hydroponica.blogspot.com

Last edited by Mathmattx; 03-12-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.