Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

any thoughts on G.E. foods


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Luches Luches is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 604 bourne123 View Post
like are they okay I guess so?/genetically modified.
I guess they are not. To many unknown unknowns about consequences through possible genetic contaminations and mutations on the short or long run.

The actual problem is A. that some (actually many) genetically modified crops are modified to be "resistant" to herbicides, which doesn't mean that they don't absorb them with- or without metabolizing them. The target is to sell and legitimate herbicides and pesticides and monopolize seeds that are "resistant" to specific poisons. B. worst of all, genetically modified crops are contaminating other crops around the world. Contaminations with genetically modified corn has been detected through many regions of Mexico, where it infected, yes I repeat infected many heirloom corn varieties already. Same for soy beans in many countries.

As they are too much of a risk "nature-wise" I don't even need to know if they are safe for consumption, - I keep that stuff far away from my home, family and entourage! In many countries as in mine, genetically modified crops and vegetables are strictly forbidden for a good reason.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.