Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Root color


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 11-20-2009, 02:29 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OChydro View Post
I growing in a GH Aero unit. The roots start of white but when I check them 2-3 weeks later after they are developed and in the water at the bottom they are brown. The plant seems healthy, is this normal for the roots?
I don't know what plants you are growing, but to the best of my knowledge there are no plants that should normally have brown roots. I had a problem with the roots of my strawberry plants turning brown last summer also (see attached pictures). I E-mailed General Hydroponics ([email protected]) the pictures and they said it looked like the nutrient solution was two warm. It should be between 68 and 72 degrees consistently. I don't know for sure that this is your problem, but it's the first thing I would look at.

My strawberry plants also looked healthy but were not growing as fast as they were. I started adding ice to the nutrient solution to cool it down and the roots started growing back white and healthy again in about a week (also in attached pictures). Another side affect is the flowers will start to turn yellow and fall off. This is a survival instinct by the plant because it takes more energy to produce the fruit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9078.jpg
Views:	1253
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	167   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9079.jpg
Views:	1306
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	168   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9080.jpg
Views:	1254
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	169   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9074.jpg
Views:	1264
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	170   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9075.jpg
Views:	1291
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	171  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9104.jpg
Views:	1375
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	172   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9105.jpg
Views:	1554
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	173   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9107.jpg
Views:	1593
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	174   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9110.jpg
Views:	1385
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	175   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9111.jpg
Views:	1389
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	176  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9109.jpg
Views:	1158
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	177  
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.