Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

My 2nd "Aeroponic" Hybrid Setup


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

This system is what I call my Vertical Tube Aeroponic Design, I also got this idea from a picture I got online (pictures attached). I plan to use 8 or 10 inch tubing for the vertical part of this design. I can get this at the pluming supply house here in town. The side tubing will fit the baskets, and this I can get at the pluming supply house also. I haven't decided on the sizes yet and maybe might even have multiple sizes in one tube.

I also haven't decided the best way to go about creating the openings. I can cut the holes and insert the small tubes. This will also take some grinding down of the inside edge of the vertical tube to get the angle to point upward instead of straight in. I can cut the holes and glue the small tube to the outside of the big vertical tube. This will also take some grinding of the smaller tube to get the curve of the larger vertical tube and get the watertight fit. Also the inside part of the side tubes will be cut off if I go that way, it's just really hard to draw it that way. Also, the rows of side tubes for the plants will go all the way down to the bottom, its just hard to work with rounded surfaces with this program.

I left the top of the tube open and extended the P.V.C. for the nutrient delivery system (probably 1/2 or 3/4 inch tube) out of the top for you to see its positioning. It will have the same emitters/misters screwed directly into it. Both tubes will probably be about 6 feet tall, the nutrient delivery tube will have 3 emitters/misters (each in different directions), placed every foot starting one foot from the bottom (for a total of about 15 emitters/misters). The end cap at the bottom will have a larger piece of P.V.C. tubing glued to it that the tubing for the nutrient delivery system will sit in (to keep it centered). The bottom end cap will also have a through hole for the overflow back to the nutrient reservoir.

The top wont be a regular end cap. I will make one to fit and keep the tube centered. Probably round Styrofoam glued to a flat piece of something and simply fit it over the top. It will also be easy to take off without taking the tube out. If I ever have a problem with the misting system I can simply pull out the tube from the top and replace it with another one that is working, then fix the non functioning one later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2554458583_1396f2d5c1.jpg
Views:	1271
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	314   Click image for larger version

Name:	2210339750046436258IHmuTq_fs.jpg
Views:	1350
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	315   Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	1233
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	316   Click image for larger version

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	317   Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	1154
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	318  

Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	1217
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	319   Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	1184
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	320   Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	1469
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	321   Click image for larger version

Name:	24.jpg
Views:	1129
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	322   Click image for larger version

Name:	25.jpg
Views:	1080
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	323  

Click image for larger version

Name:	26.jpg
Views:	1172
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	324   Click image for larger version

Name:	27.jpg
Views:	3283
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	325  
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.