Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ionic nutrients help!


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

I am not a chemist, and I don't know the exact composition of the hydro nutrients you were sent, nor do I know the exact composition of the nutrients in the soil. But I can tell you the main difference between soil nutrients and hydro nutrients is the micro elements (nutrients). Soil nutrients don't really need the micro nutrients because they are found in soil, and you don't want them to build up causing toxicity's. To be honest if you want the best results, have the soil tested, then a fertilizer made specifically for your crop, and soil composition. As the plants grow you can send samples of the plant to a lab and they can tell you what it's in excess of, or lacking. Then you can adjust accordingly. Although if it's in excess of in soil it will be a big problem because you cant get rid of it, if it is lacking you can just add the necessary element to the soil.

P.S. I don't like it when a company just sends me what they have on hand, and just expects me to deal with it. That's just bad business practices. They should have let you know, so you can make the call. Personally I would have a big issue with that (weather it works or not), and likely never deal with them again. But that's me.
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.