Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Grow Lights
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Lights Ordered: What Config? 8 x 4 Foot Bulbs. Help?


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 AM
CrossOps CrossOps is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: North Florida
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpsFrontier View Post
If it were me, I would probably use all 6500k lights, unless I was sure I had enough light intensity (all around the plants) to grow the plants to full size. Then I might use 50% 6500k, and 50% 3000k for continuously fruiting plants like peppers, tomato's and cucumbers.
Thank you GPS. The lights did not cost me anything (swapping for sidework that take me an hour at most), so I went ahead and put the second request in for two sets of these based upon what you stated. Your a wealth of information GPS, many thanks. I tend to like to ready and study what others do, and then learn from it as I set it up.

The twin setup would essentially put me at 80,000 lumens, or 800 watts to start. I suspect that would be sufficient.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.