Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

My Hot Pepper Situation


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 PM
wrathofall wrathofall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Default My Hot Pepper Situation

OK, I have read so much that I have worked myself into total confusion. So, I found these forums and I pose my questions and situation.

I would like to grow Bhut Jolokia peppers indoors because I live in Michigan and they have a long growing season. I would like to grow about six plants. I would prefer to grow then in soil, but I am open to suggestions. I have no experience, so I need the advice from experienced pepper growers.

Grow medium: Soil is not a necessity, it would just be more convenient for me. However; if a full out hydro unit would produce better results, then I have no problem going that route.

lights: Of course we have the old stand-by MH and hps, but what about the new led technology for this situation? This particular strain of Bhut's can grow to 4+ feet, and from what I have read about the LED's, is that they don't have very deep penetration and I am also concerned with the LACK of heat generated by LED lights.

What I am trying to figure out is what is the best medium and light source for indoor growth of very fussy pepper plants. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!


Last edited by wrathofall; 05-01-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.