Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Should I be concerned about this mold?


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 06-11-2014, 05:21 PM
gjjdemarco gjjdemarco is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
Default Should I be concerned about this mold?

Hello all,

I am new here as well as new to hydroponic gardening.

First of all, thanks to all the members here who I have used as inspiration for building my first ebb & flow system. I will put together some pictures and particulars soon.

I am hoping some of you pros out there could tell me if I am being overly cautious though about some mold.

Situation is as follows: I have a bunch of pepper plants in an ebb/flow tray. Well lit, low heat. 6" net pots that get their water automatically once/day. fills to about 5" level of the 6" pot.
The growing medium is 2/1 perlite/vermiculite, then mixed 4/3 hydroton/PV mixture if that makes sense.
Plants seem to be growing accordingly, but I noticed today that I see some green on my medium. Noticeable really only on the perlite as it is white.

I don't have very good air flow though as it is in my garage and it has been incredibly humid around here the last couple weeks.

I plan on getting an oscillating fan on a timer to run about 15 mins every 2 hours or so. Will that help? Should I be worried?

Sorry for the long post.

Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.