Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Starting from scratch


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 AM
fintuckyfarms fintuckyfarms is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southeast Washington State - Right on the line of growing zones 6b & 7a
Posts: 347
Default

I don't think that I've ever heard somebody say they wish they made their reservoir smaller. There are both pro's and con's in reference to resevoir size. Larger reseviors will be more stable in temperture, nutrients and Ph as it takes longer to heat/cool and there is more nutrients that can be depleated before causing a major problem. The PH also does not fluxuate as fast with the larger size, however is something goes wrong you have a lot of $$$$$ invested that you will have to get rid of. Also different plants need different nutrients and PH levels so it is not a one stop shop they can feed off of. Like plants will be able to utilize the same nutrients/PH but you will have to do your homework.
Do you have a picture of a system you are considering? That may be helpful to better answer some of your questions.
I also use well water and have not had any issues. I want to build a filter like GPS did but I have not yet. I guess I have been really lucky because I haven't had any problems due to well water issues, heat yes, Ph yes but nothing specific I can say "It was the unfiltered water" that caused any issues. I currently use 55 gallon blue barrels for my resevoirs but I plan to purchase the 175 gal totes with the cage next and partically bury them.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.