Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Heirloom Tomatoes in Rockwool - My first setup


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 07-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Stan Stan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 213
Default

Your plants look very good right now. Make sure your rockwool is not sitting in water as GpsFrontier has stated.

I never had any problems using rockwool. I start off my all my Heirloom and regular tomatoes in small rockwool cubes. I then put a small layer of hydroton at the bottom of all the net pots, place the rockwool cubes in and fill it up with hydroton. Maybe because I'm growing aeroponically 15minutes on and 45 minutes off is the reason why. So far every year I've had tons of tomatoes including some that were very big with the Heirlooms.

Here's 2 pics of my Heirlooms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hl1.jpg
Views:	2707
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	2707   Click image for larger version

Name:	hl2.jpg
Views:	2701
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	2706  

Last edited by Stan; 07-10-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Tags
first setup, rockwool


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.