Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Hydroponic Nutrients and Mediums
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Am I using too much nitrogen?


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 10-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Errol Errol is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18
Default

Hi Luches, thanks for doing your calcs so quickly. If I'm reading them correctly, it seems that you think the mix could certainly do with some magnesium sulphate - and that the concentration should be 7gms/litre Hydrosol, 7gm/litre calcium nitrate, 4gms/litre MgSO4 and possibly 1 gm/litre of calcium chloride? Am I close or on the wrong tram altogether? Our tap water is soft and not heavily chlorinated, by the way.

Wouldn't that imply that aside from adding a sizeable amount of MgSO4 and a little CaCl2 to my nutrient, I would keep on doing what I am now ie using equal quantities of Hydrosol and calcium nitrate?

This would be at odds with my thinking at the moment ie that the level of N in the 50/50 mix is possibly too high, causing too much vegetative growth.

What are your thoughts on mixes referred to in the following link?

MIXHYDRONUTRIENTS

Many thanks again for your efforts and interest.

Cheers,

Errol
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Tags
nitrogen, nutrient solution, strawberries


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.