Hydroponics Online Home Home Store Blog Forums FAQs Lesson Plans Pictures

Go Back   Hydroponics Forums Discussions > Hydroponics Discussion Forums > Your Hydroponics Setup
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Forth System


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:48 AM
GpsFrontier GpsFrontier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lake Havasu AZ.
Posts: 1,855
Default

Well it ha been 2 weeks sense posting the last pictures. The lettuce has been growing quite fast, so I thought I would post an update at the 2 week mark from the last pics. You'll notice the roots look brown. I don't know exactly why that is for sure. The nutrient temp hovers around the low 60's, pH is kept close to 6.0 and I am sure the nutrients are fine. I believe it is because the bubbles from the air stones are inadequate, so the roots are actually drowning/suffocating. Even so they seem to be growing quite well, so I haven't been worried about it. I see a salad in my future.

I covered them with the shade cloth to keep them out of the direct sunlight. It's not hot (upper 70's low 80's) but they seem to do better in partial shade, rather than direct sunlight. You might notice the front plants seem to be smaller, your right. One of them has always been that way, the other my mom keeps picking leaves off of for her salads. I'm not actually sure where she gets all of them from, she plucks them when I'm not looking. She is getting to be worse than the rabbits. In fact not 15 minutes after these pictures were taken, I caught her walking in the house with 3 more leaves in her hand. I don't really mind, but it confuses me in how they are growing when she does that without me knowing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9650.jpg
Views:	1146
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	722   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9651.jpg
Views:	1191
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	723   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9652.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	724   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9654.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	725   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9655.jpg
Views:	1165
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	726  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9656.jpg
Views:	1527
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	727   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9657.jpg
Views:	1187
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	728   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_9658.jpg
Views:	1142
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	729  
__________________
Website Owner
Home Hydroponic Systems

Last edited by GpsFrontier; 03-25-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.